Since Revolt Magazine launched its literary arts website, we have received hundreds of submissions from writers and artists from the Philippines, Thailand, Europe, Canada, UK, and Africa. For the month of August alone, over 90 literary works, including essays, short stories, fiction, photography, and commentaries have been released.
August is also National Literature Month in the Philippines. With this, we would like to highlight a sampling of the best works from our August contributors, for everyone’s perusal.
- Deviance and Perversions: The Dark Side of Filipino Wattpad Novels by Kayla Nicole Togonon
- Pagbukas ng Kamalayan at Usaping Pambabae: Ilang Pagsusuri sa Mundo ng Sex Education sa Netflix by Kayla Nicole Togonon
- Republika ng Pantasya: Pabrikasyon ng Pangarap ng Sangka-Pilipinuhan by Maria Kristelle C. Jimenez
- Pagmumundo, Pagsinta, at Demokrasya sa Dead Balagtas ni Emiliana Kampilan by Marius Carlos, Jr.
- 1947 by Victoria Garcia
- Tungkong Langit + Alunsina by Allan N. Derain
- Nando by Emmanuel Barrameda
- Bonfire by Andre Aniñon
- The Nature of Cat and Woman by Greth Barredo
- The Mussels Again by John Ray M. Bantasan
- Pag-anak sa Demokrasiya by Bill Namara
- Sawa sa Poste Otsenta’y Seis by Elbert O. Baeta
- Rehas by Joshua Alejandro Diokno
- Oda ti Bugguong iti Bugguong by Roy V. Aragon
- Numbers by Gari Vinluan
- Ibuka ang Tuka’t Magsalita by Carl Angelo Y. Cagatin
- Sa Loob ng Simbahan by Reynand O. Manaois